Thursday 5 February 2015

Open Field

Interesting holiday, this past Christmas.
Most occurred as it always does:
Christmas dinners at the parents' houses.
Time spent with family and friends.
A little skating on the lake.
Quiet nights, oh so thankful for those quiet nights.

And yet something was different.
There was an energy. A vibration. A hum that traveled from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. There were moments I woke up feeling electrified, almost overwhelmed with emotion of all kinds: Expectation...Anxiety... Joy...Elation...Courage...

It's that last one that best describes the rest - I felt courageous and I didn't even know why. I still don't. I only can say that I'm feeling the need to step outside these walls and walk a path that has always seemed too risky. A path with an unknown direction or destination. A path through wilderness and other places never seen by my eyes. A path that, despite all these undefined variables, continues to beckon me. Not cautiously inching forward, but inviting leaps and bounds!

This is not me. Perhaps that's what makes it so exciting.
It reminds me of The Message version of Romans 8:15-16:
This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It's adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike, "What's next, Papa?" God's Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are.

Confirms who we really are...
I like that.
Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment